How Security Guards Help Banks & Cash Businesses
Security guards are almost always the first line of defense against criminal activity on private property. They are responsible for the safety and security of people, property, and information at their designated location.
Security officers are a key component of any company’s security plan. This is especially true for banks and other businesses known to have large amounts of cash on hand.
Armed security officers protect valuable assets and deter would-be thieves from stealing goods or committing crimes on the premises. Security guards also help to identify problems that may arise on site, such as vandalism, theft, or unsafe conditions which might cause injury.
Security guards work in various financial-based settings, including banks, auto dealerships, office buildings, jewelry stores, pawn shops, and major retailers.
The Functions and Importance of a Bank Security Guard
A bank security guard is a person who is employed to protect the premises of banks, their customers, and the bank’s assets. The primary duty of a bank security guard is to prevent or deter theft or robbery. Bank security officers are almost always armed and have extensive training geared towards defending banks and identifying threats.
What are the Major Duties of a Bank Security Guard?
The primary duties of a bank security guard are to protect the bank, its customers, and employees from any harm. In addition, they should also be able to react quickly in case of an emergency.
Some of the duties of a bank security guard are:
- To keep the premises safe and secure
- To provide customer service
- To maintain records and logs
- To respond quickly in case of emergency
In addition to preventing theft or robbery, other duties include: monitoring alarm systems; responding to alarms, ensuring that doors are locked when not in use, investigating suspicious activities; and maintaining a safe work environment. In some cases, a security guard is allowed to make arrests and seize objects that are evidence of criminal activity.
Effective Ways to Prevent Crime at Cash-based Businesses
Robbery is one of the most feared crimes in America today. Although robbery is a crime that can happen to anyone anywhere at anytime, it’s also one of the most preventable crimes.
The first step to preventing robbery at the bank or other cash-based business is understanding what robbers want and how they plan to get it. Such information will help you identify potential risks and take appropriate precautions. Here are some tips for a secure environment:
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially when withdrawing money from an ATM or using the drive-thru window
- Don’t use debit cards, ATMs, or other card readers in public places like coffee shops, libraries, or grocery stores
- Keep your PIN in a safe place – Avoid wearing a backpack or fanny pack – Always use the drive-thru window when withdrawing cash
- Avoid withdrawing large amounts of cash in one transaction (jugging is a thing now)
- If you feel uncomfortable, get out of the situation (Don’t run, walk away slowly)
- Find a safe place to assess your money
- Dressed like a bank teller: It’s best to dress like a bank teller, so robbers don’t target you. This may mean wearing a skirt and blouse, or slacks and a nice shirt.
Hire the Best Security Officers for Your Cash-Based Business
Call on Enforce Security Services, Inc. today!
In recent times, banks and other cash businesses have been heavily attacked by armed robbers and other criminals. To protect their employees and customers, they need to hire the best bank security officers they can find.
Enforce Security Services, Inc. provides armed security guard services throughout Texas. Our professional security officers have extensive experience providing security to banks, retailers, and other businesses with cash exposure. If you’re looking for the right option to defend your business, property, and customers, contact Enforce Security Services, Inc. today.
We provide security guard services in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, and San Antonio. Our guards are highly trained, licensed, and committed to serving our clients’ best interests. Click here to message us or call us at the location closest to your region of need.
In Houston, TX
In San Antonio
In Dallas & Fort Worth